Friday, July 20, 2012

CSA

Our CSA this week:

Across the top are a few extra things I purchased from the farm store. Raw honey (so much better flavor than store bought and healthier too), Fava Beans (those will go into falafel again this week! Follow link for the recipe that I use, though with fresh fava beans I find I have to add a bit of flour to make everything stick together better for frying. - I will do a post soon on making tzatziki sauce) and ginger (so yummy in our fresh juice).

Our share this week consisted of (top left): baby broccoli (we like this better than the regular broccoli heads, we find it more tender. We eat it lightly steamed or raw), Walla Walla sweet onion (will go into the falafel), snap peas (we snap the end and eat them raw as a snack), carrots, cherries (makes a good afternoon snack), yellow summer squash (you can barely see it peeking out on the left, we often saute it in a bit of butter adding seasoned bread crumbs toward the end of cooking), kale (into the juicer!), lettuce (huge head of lettuce will make several salads), and raspberries (if I can keep them around until Saturday they will be the filling for crepes).




No comments:

Post a Comment