Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Grounded!

My chickens have been grounded. After listening to them go on and on today like they were laying eggs, I found no eggs in the nesting boxes. So I went searching. And found a nest under the house. With 10! eggs.

Damn chickens.

Now they are grounded to their run until I see some better choices in laying location. If this doesn't work I might try a time out. That seems to work for my kids anyway.

I also have one chicken that is laying eggs without a shell. Most of the time she lays in the coop and it gets broken before we get out to it. I found one this week that was still intact. As you can see from the picture, it is basically the membrane surrounding the white and the yolk. Everything but the shell. It's like holding a water balloon.





No comments:

Post a Comment